Thanks for visiting my About page. If you’re ever in the Oklahoma City metro area, you might find me:
- Racing my dog in the park.
- Wishing for rain.
- Accidentally killing houseplants.
I have always been a little on the weird side, in case you were wondering. Although, if you’ve read my books, you probably know that. If not, you can kind of tell from the picture. Am I right? I definitely appear to be crafting a diabolical plan of some sort.
- Fact: I lived in Kyrgyzstan for two years, but I never met anyone named Ms. Francine.
- Fact: I once ate part of a giant cockroach (not on purpose).
- Fact: If you eat a whole shrimp for the first time and think, “Hmm, why is this so crunchy?,” you’re doing it wrong. What can I say? I’ve led a very sheltered life (in culinary terms).
So, what is the meaning of life, who inspired you and what’s your favorite color, you ask? Well, here are the answers in no particular order.
- My dog.
- My dog again.
No, seriously, what was your favorite book as a child?
Well, thanks for asking! That’s an easy one. It was THE GIVING TREE by Shel Silverstein. Yes, it’s a super sad book about self-sacrifice and death, but, what can I say? I like that sort of thing.
Okay, one more question and that’ll be all for now. Why do you write?
Whoa, now that’s a good one. I’ve heard people say that fiction is more true than true. I believe that. I also write worlds I want to live in. Worlds where bad things happen, but also worlds where magic lives and people always find the courage to overcome.
Oh, wait, one last thing! If you could be any kind of tree, vegetable, animal, musical instrument and houseplant, what kind would you be?
- Anthropomorphic pumpkin
- The not-dead kind
Again, in no particular order.