Large Group Presentations for Schools
My high-energy, fun-filled, large-group presentations are perfect for readers in grades 3-8!!! I will encourage kids to find their voice and tell the stories only they can tell, as well as introducing my books and important lessons I’ve learned along the way. There will be laughs, adorable dog pictures, plus a book signing!
These are a great way to get kids excited about stories and show them that authors are real people, just like them. I have led hundreds of author visits (both virtual and in-person), and there’s nothing better than seeing that spark when students realize that they can do this too!
What’s included in your in-person author visit package?
- Three large-group assemblies, 45 minutes each, plus Q&A
- The opportunity to order signed and personalized books, plus a book signing
- Limited edition bookmarks for every student who orders
Keep scrolling for pricing details and information on virtual visits.
Pricing for In-Person Visits
- Special Pricing for OKC Metro Area Schools: $400 (includes three sessions)
- Additional Mileage Rate: $0.625/mile (only applies to certain schools, inquire for details)
- Regular Pricing (Outside OKC): $1,000 (includes three sessions)
- Mileage Rate: $0.625/mile (round trip from OKC)
- Lodging: Rate varies based on location
Virtual Author Visits
I offer a variety of engaging, high-energy virtual school visit options to meet your needs. My 30-minute Q&As are so much fun! I start with a quick introduction to me and my books, then open the floor to student questions on the writing and publishing process. These visits cost $25, and students will come away excited to create!
Is your class or book club reading one of my books? I am always happy to chat with book clubs or classes reading my books for FREE!!! Fill out the form below to request your 30-minute book club chat.
I also offer a virtual version of my in-person, large-group assemblies. During this 45-minute presentation, I introduce my books along with important lessons I’ve learned along the way, and I encourage students to find that story only they can tell. These visits cost $75, and students will leave with a stronger sense of their creative potential.
To inquire about any of these options, fill out the contact form below. You can also scroll down to read about my small-group writing workshops.
Writing Workshops for Small Groups
My 45-minute writing workshops for small groups (up to 30 students) focus on the topics outlined below (others available upon request). These lively presentations dive deeper into the craft of writing and seek to get students involved in the process.
- Writing Spooky Stories
- Build Powerful Stories Using 7-Point Plot Structure
- Request a custom topic!
Cost: $75 (Virtual), $150 (In-person, OKC Metro Area only, mileage costs may apply)
More Pricing Info
You can find pricing info on both in-person and virtual visits by downloading my School Visit Info sheet.
To schedule any type of visit or request more info, fill out the form below.
Benefits of Author Visits
- Students learn that authors are real people
- Students believe anything is possible
- Students get inspired to read and write
- Students see inside the writing and publishing process
- Students feel a personal connection to the author’s work
- Students feel empowered to follow their dreams
If your class or book club is reading one of my books, download my new Book Club Kit. It has questions and activities for all four titles!!!