As a public librarian for nearly ten years, Kim has visited with school groups of all ages, sharing stories, songs and a love of reading. Now, she is excited to visit your school to talk about writing books for middle grade readers and to inspire your students to create their own stories. She does both online and in-person visits. Which type is right for you?
Free Skype Visits!!!
In a free, 30-minute Skype visit, Kim will answer students’ burning questions about the writing process, such as:
- How do you publish a book?
- Where do you get your ideas?
- How can I get started writing?
- Is writing really magic?
- As well as creepily personal questions like how old are you and how much money do you make 🙂
In-Person School Visits
Kim would love to visit your students in grades 3-7 to discuss the magic of story. Here’s an overview of her lesson:
What do you see when you look at a pencil, a playground or a blade of grass? Even the ordinary objects and people around us can be extraordinary if you look at them the right way.
Author Kim Ventrella will help students find wonder and magic in the everyday world through the power of story. Students will learn:
- How to get inspired by the world around them
- How to turn that inspiration into a great story idea
- How to recognize the essential ingredients of engaging stories
- How to get started writing
- What it takes to write and sell a book from start to finish
To book Kim for a school visit, either in-person or online, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And guess what? For a limited time only, she’s offering a special SUPER AWESOME rate for schools in the Oklahoma City metro area. That’s right, she will visit your school for only $75. Book now, before time runs out!!!
Is your class or book club reading Skeleton Tree? Download the Skeleton Tree Discussion Guide.